Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Places To Go, And Things To See






It looks like our poll was a success, and there are several places we shouldn't miss. There were three places that received 100% of the votes. Seaside, Fort Stevens, and Bandon. We can tell what everyone's favorite places are to go. We need to start planning our Girl's Trip, so everyone needs to suggest dates, and if gas prices get any higher, we may have to do the Southern Oregon Coast from Bandon to Crescent City, instead of the Northern Oregon Coast. What do you think of that? Or should we just suck it up and go? It's time to get on the road!

3 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

The sea lion caves is so not worth the money. Okay, maybe it is if you go once just so you can say you've gone, but never again! You can see sea lions and seals way closer right next to Shore Acres or Sunset Bay (close to Bandon). I recommend you go to Bandon so you guys will come visit me! I'm 2 blocks off the highway with easy parking for trailers!

Let me know when you got to Tillamook because we've been itching to go, though we don't have a trailer.

We saw a trailer for $500 that looked cute on Table Rock just south of Vilas and the 4 corners junction. It's on the east side of the road. Hyrum says I don't need another project until our house project is done (that's how Tome ended up with my trailer). I think it will be years before I get a cute trailer, and then my family will be too large for one. Oh well. They're a cute idea anyway.

We want to go camping at Humbug mountain (between Brookings and Bandon). You should go with us!

The George's said...

Anytime in August works for us. I would enjoy doing the southern coast, as I haven't spent time anywhere but Brookings. Let us know.

Monica said...

Last 2 weeks in July are good for me. Jared is doing football all summer long, and Monte starts Aug 4. So that will pretty much use up August.